Monday, February 16, 2009

The Valentino Look has Returned



As you all may have remember I was not a fan of the Valentino Spring/Summer collection under the work of Alessandra Facchinetti. In fact I said that it was best that she leave the famous house before she did too much damage. Well I must be a psychic because after the collection the owners of the label dropped her and replaced her with the duo Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli. Their first collection which was the Spring/Summer 09 couture was absolutely amazing. They returned Valentino's legendary fantasy and glamor that was missing for the last year. I love all the ruffles and the layering that almost looked like fish scales going down the dress. I love their use of color and beading and feathers that trimmed some of the outfits. The whole collection seemed like something Valentino would have created himself but younger and more structured. One thing I found the most adorable was that each outfit had a shoe that seemed like it was made from the same fabric. These were clothes that were not only Oscar worthy but worthy of the $100 000+ price tag that comes with it. I look forward to seeing the future collections of Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli. To watch the full runway show click here and here.



No comments:

Post a Comment