Thursday, March 26, 2009

Unimpressed with Emporio



Georgio Armani's spring/summer 2009 collection left a lot to be desired. The whole show had the feel of the set of the 1980's show Miami Vice. At any point I thought Don Johnson was going to pop out of the runway with all his mullet glory. With all the jackets with t-shirts look, it was youthful but at times looked cliche. There were no vibrant colours, there was a lot of greys and blacks, but I must say fabulous tailoring. I liked the way he interpreted the leather jackets with criss-crossed zippering. I absolutely loved the vests that he created but that's where my favorites end. I absolutely despised the plastic looking shorts that he produced as well as the overly baggy evening pants that looked like they came straight from the Aladdin set. I understand that Armani wants to be young and cool with his designs, but the whole thing just screamed tacky. Armani should go back to what he's good at, sophisticated, corporate type of clothes that have become his staple. Watch the video below and tell me what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment