Saturday, March 28, 2009

Back to the future with McQueen



Alexander's Spring/Summer Men's collection was very interesting. He's the type of designer that young, edgy, men would want to wear. The clothes were very sleek, and I liked the androgynous look. You couldn't really tell between the male and female models. The clothes were a mixture of futuristic/80's type clothes. All of the shoulder pads and square cuts were 80's, yet the patterns were very futuristic. Some of the outfits looked like an illusion and hurt the eyes. I love his mixing of colours together and some of the outfits looked like they had a hint of nudity, but it was a nude colour in between a black design outfit. I don't know what to make of this collection. One thing I liked about it was that it had a clear direction and was artistic; the other part of me thought it was similar to Rodarte's clothes. Watch the show and judge for yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment